Healthy living has gained an additional importance in our day to day lives as new health chalenges come our way day by day. Now more than ever , we are confronted with issues our ancestors never had to even think about as their lifestyle back then ensured theystayed active and healthy. The advent of technology and more improved lifestyle has brought with it a sedentary lifestyle which in turn has poured on us a long lsit of maladies that make our lives a misery.
Does it have to be that way though ? No, there is a way out and one sure way is by adopting a more healthy way of life. By making a changes in our lifestyle, we can live a happier and healthier life that is good and fulfilling, below are some ways we can make things better.
1. Start with a positive outlook to life. Being always positive whatever the challenges facing us is the first step in negotiating the issues coming our way. A positive attitude ensures an always calm and calculated approach with less stress and anxiety. Be positive always and have the belief that a solution is always available, this will raise your confidence and self esteem.
2. Exercise - This is a must in any healthy body, any kind of movement that works and exerts the body one way or another is good. Even in moderation, a little exercise is better than none at all. There is a whole variety of work outs one can engage in, walking, riding, jogging, gym work out among many other. The benefits range from ; improved heart rate, muscle and bone strength, less risk of sedentary lifestyle ailments like diabetes, strokes and heart attacks in some cases, better body balance and flexibility. Maintained body weight, obesity is one of the main causes of diseases and heart attacks. These among other things brings out a healthy and happy human being.
3. Diet - A good healthy diet that is well balanced in quality and quantity is recommended. This must include a lot of fruits and vegetables that should be consumed in plenty. Good quality proteins from legumes should be encouraged and none or very little of animal proteins and fats. Deep fried foods and fizzy drinks are also a no go zone. Fatty foods tend to clog the arteries which results in strokes if not attended.
4. Some good habits you can adopt are ; Walking - Always walk the short distances instead of driving, apart from enabling us take in the fresh air, one also gets to enjoy the outdoor scenery and nature that is good for the soul.
- Avoid too many hours(more than three consecutive) watching television. Too much sitting in front of the "box" makes us immobile and lazy and some studies say it's also unhealthy for the eyes.
- Take up new challenges that stimulates the brain eg. learn to play a music instrument, play challenging board games like Chess.
Lastly take care of and grow your spiritual fitness by reading a lot of material pertaining to your chosen path. Take time to do your prayers or meditation and keep touch with your spiritual side to give you the necessary balance in your new way of life. Some habits like these stuck on with commitment and discipline will enhance our lives in a positive way.